DYW Borders provides an excellent opportunity for education to access the skills, knowledge, experience and support of local employers, which can enhance learning and help young people in the world of work.
- Raise awareness of job opportunities and career pathways
- Deliver more experiential learning in the classroom
- Develop a young person's employability skills and equip them with the correct attitude, skills and knowledge for the world of work
- Enhance curriculum delivery through work- related activity
- Increase your own understanding of industry and the local labour market
- Help young people achieve a sustained positive destination after they leave education