Employer: Morrison Construction
Location: Edinburgh Napier
Salary: £15,094 - £20,995 per year
Closing Date: 30/05/22
"Morrison Construction is part of Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry’s leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment."
• Maintain Morrison Construction’s commercial processes and procedures and apply best practice and a continuous improvement approach, to maximise returns in terms of profit
• Help identify, reduce and drive out unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
• Ensure the prompt preparation and settlement of monthly sales invoices, including variations, claims and disputes
• Ensure the production of accurate and timely monthly reports for use in managing the business
• Ensure the production of accurate and timely project financial forecasts for use in setting targets and managing the business
• Maintain robust, open and honest reporting structures and monitor resources and costs to ensure that the projects meet agreed targets
• Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the contractual, commercial, insurance and legal processes relating to the projects to ensure that Galliford Try's position is protected
• Assist the bid team in the preparation and pricing of tenders for new work if required
• Ensure that materials and sub-contract services are procured in an efficient manner with organisations that are capable of carrying out the work and in accordance with best practice, legal requirements and the Morrison Construction’s supply chain policy
• Assist with preparation and analysis of works packages and prices, placing sub-contract/materials orders and processing invoices for payment
• Participate in creating a safe working environment, whilst applying the principles of “Doing the right thing” in maximising value and profit
What will I learn?
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most notable projects which shape the landscape and infrastructure for the British public, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes a generous holiday package, buy back holiday, access to the employee assistant programme for all wellbeing needs, dedicated learning & development support and private healthcare. For this role, you will be part of a team managing new modern buildings containing up-to-date equipment and technology. You will be based either on site or in our Regional Office.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Morrison Construction is the right place for you.
What qualification or qualities are required?• Strong organisational and administration skills with a willingness to learn
• Able to work independently using own initiative as well as part of a team of surveyors and project managers
• Analytical with the ability to quickly assimilate information with an attention to detail
• Excellent IT Skills, particularly Microsoft Office
• Higher (or equivalent) English and Maths at grade A-C
If you would like to share any job opportunities or vacancies please email email@example.com with further details.