Employer: Border Embroideries Ltd
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £16,297 - £19,000 per annum
Border Embroideries Ltd are currently recruiting a purchasing assistant. All training will be done on the job so no previous experience is necessary, however, purchasing experience would be preferred.
Purchasing Assistant Job Role;
The Purchasing assistant will be responsible for the day to day co-ordination of purchase orders to approved suppliers within the business, while maintaining supply inventory levels. Purchasing assistant will issue purchase orders driven from system demands whilst also understanding any further company needs based on stock, inventory and projects. The purchasing assistant will also develop successful relationships with suppliers, distributors and manufacture’s to ensure stock availability meets the needs of the business. This role will provide exceptional service in order to exceed business objectives and ensure daily KPI’s are achieved.
Purchasing Assistant Duties;
- Provide exceptional service to all customers
- Work closely with relevant departments to ensure products purchases are in line with the needs of the company
- Answering supplier queries via Phone, email and face to face
- Handle goods throughout the purchasing process
- Issue and track purchase orders to suppliers, distributors and manufactures
- Handle any supplier discrepancies daily
- Review purchasing agreements with suppliers and ensuring open lines of communication
- Daily back order reports and item substitutions
- Back order communication / stock issues with sales and internal teams
- Assisting with suppliers meetings
- Assisting with negotiation strategies and making recommendations
- Supporting other areas of the business where necessary
- Ensuring sales order and production jobs are checked for stock arrivals before due dates
- Any other duties assigned by your line manager or senior management team
All training will be done on the job. No previous experience is necessary but would be beneficial.
Hours will be 8am-5pm Monday - Thursday and 8am-4pm on a Friday.
During busy summer months there will be some overtime.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter FAO William Smillie, Border Embroideries, Unit 1 Duns Road Ind Est, Greenlaw, TD10 6XJ. Or apply via indeed.
Expected start date: 01/03/2021
If you would like to share any job opportunities or vacancies please email firstname.lastname@example.org with further details.