Employer: Scot JCB
Salary: £9,734 to £9,755 per year
Closing Date: 31/01/22
"As an Apprentice Engineer at our Scot Agri depots you will work alongside our experienced Engineers whilst attending college and earning a salary. Our apprenticeship programme will provide you with the experience, training and support needed to become a fully qualified Service Engineer."
Who are we?
The Scot JCB Group is made up of Scot JCB, Scot Agri, SPS and SIA.
Scot Agri provides machinery sales, service, and parts from JCB, Massey Ferguson, Valtra, HORSCH, Ktwo, Vicon, McHale and more across our nine agricultural depots. We pride ourselves on offering unrivalled customer service and industry leading response times.
The apprenticeship involves:
• Attending Oatridge college on block release and completing course work as required
• Supporting engineers in the workshop and out on site
• Carrying out PDI’s on new machines
• Carrying out repairs to second-hand machines
• Building up experience over 4 years to work towards working from your own van
• Adhering to company policies and procedures
What will I learn?
You’ll learn how to:
• Repair and maintain machines on customers sites as required with manufacturers specification
• Carry out inspections and repairs of machines at our depot as required
• Identify any deficiency or defect likely to affect the safe working of a machine, and raise this with your supervisor
• Complete job cards and time sheets
• Order parts for the jobs you are working on
• Build relationships with your supervisor and other engineers
What qualification or qualities are required?
The ideal candidate will have:
• Genuine interest in agricultural machinery and hands on work
• Overall good grades from school or relevant college course
• The ability to work well with others and be confident enough to ask
• Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance
of excellent customer service
• Good computer skills
• A positive and can-do attitude
• A flexible approach to learning and work
If you would like to share any job opportunities or vacancies please email email@example.com with further details.