Employer: RMS Scotland
Salary: £16,500 per year
Closing Date: 23/08/22
RMS Scotland are looking for an enthusiastic IT Apprentice to join the existing team, supporting their clients with their EPoS systems throughout Scotland. RMS Scotland are a leading provider of EPoS systems across Scotland, using state-of-the-art software to deliver efficient and tailored solutions for the retail sector. RMS pride themselves on their attention to detail and delivering electronic point of sale solutions for any size of business
As a support/install technician, your primary responsibility will be to deploy, manage and support client retail EpoS I.T. systems.
In this position, you will quickly pick up the skills and knowledge needed to become a valued member of the the team while completing an SCQF Level 6 IT Professionals Apprenticeship. RMS is a small, friendly team is the perfect environment to grow your skills and learn all about EPoS system builds, maintenance, networking and other valuable IT skills.
RMS Scotland has supported numerous past apprentices and are committed to supporting the growth and development of their apprentices, many of which are still within the business. This role can lead to fantastic career opportunities such as an IT engineer.
RMS Scotland is a company that fully supports apprenticeship programmes and have recently had another apprentice complete their apprenticeship with their support. Support is there from management and co-workers however they are looking for someone who can work on their own initiative and can self motivate.
What will I learn?
• Assist Install team with EPoS system builds
• Visit client sites to repair, troubleshoot and update EPoS hardware and
• Programming EPoS applications to client’s individual requirements
• Provide our clients with operational advice and support via telephone,
support desk and e-mail
• Build strong relationships with customers and on site staff
• Assist with on-site installations of new systems
• Provide “On Call” out of hours / weekend support cover (on a rota basis)
What qualification or qualities are required?
You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
• Driving license preferred
• A general interest and knowledge of PC computing and Windows
Operating Systems (although full training will be given)
• A genuine passion for tech and IT
• Enthusiastic approach
• Resilient and able to think independently
• A keen interest in learning new skills
• Strong interpersonal skills - confidence in communicating with
• A "can-do" attitude
• Ability to travel including working away from home on occasion
If you would like to share any job opportunities or vacancies please email email@example.com with further details.