Employer: Morrison Construction
Location: Onsite & Edinburgh Napier
Salary: £15,094 to £20,995 per year
Closing Date: 31/05/22
"As part of your Graduate Level Apprenticeship you will attend the Napier University on a part time basis to study a BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering. The rest of the time you will work onsite in order to gain site experience working as part of a larger site team, this will ensure you gain the relevant industry experience in order to enhance your degree learning."
• Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
• Assist in site engineering control and setting out activities and provide
information to operatives and subcontractors.
• Complete diary sheets along with any photographic evidence as
• Assist in material reconciliations.
• Ensure all surveying equipment is calibrated.
• Assist in carrying out as-built surveys on complete works and
• Support in producing 2D & 3D site sketches.
• Assist in maintaining quality records, ensuring all works undertaken in
accordance with Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) and maintaining the as-
• Assist in basic planning, monitoring & programming.
• Control and minimise waste on site.
• Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations
• Ensure all company property under your control is taken care of and
stored securely when not in use.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties.
What qualification or qualities are required?You’ll have a head start in this vacancy if you’ve completed a Foundation Apprenticeship in a related field. We’ll need you to provide evidence of your qualification and show you gained the relevant skills from your placement
Four SCQF Higher grade at B's one of which should include Math's (Current qualifications or working towards expected grades at these levels)
or you will be working towards completing a Foundation Apprenticeship in Civil Engineering.
If you would like to share any job opportunities or vacancies please email firstname.lastname@example.org with further details.